Saturday, July 21, 2007

Last day in Pomezia

Well, my bag is almost packed... It is getting heavier after every stop and I still have over a week left. I saw the date and freaked out a little today... Time has absolutely flown by! Today has been relatively quiet for us, we are out for a beachside dinner tonight to say goodbye. We went to the pool today and I got the chance to watch the courting rituals of the teenagers here. It is funny how we are pretty much all the same in the end... the boys tease the girls and the girls giggle amongst themselves. It's all very cute :)
Exhausted Rome and many of its sights over the last few days and that has been great. It is a very different experience being here n Summer. They have set up pretty good nightlife on the shores of the Tiber... including art installations, outdoor cinemas, bars and night markets, giving the city a really nice relaxed vibe. This is, however, accompanied by a heavily 80's, early 90's soundtrack featuring mainly Roxette (I still remember the words!), Black Box, Rick Astley (why do I find him everywhere I go? please refer to shanghai post) and 1927 (ok... maybe that was all in my head).
Florence tomorrow... cant wait to get to the Uffizi and hang on Ponte Vecchio and watch life go by.

3 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We miss our Pascie!!

With all the history, culture and warmth you are experiencing, it is fair to say I am slightly jealous! Although I will get even when I go to Greece in September :-)

When is Alex catching up with you in Europe??

Stevie :-)

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

See you soon P!
Come back safe with lots of happy snaps.
Ciao,
N :)

 
At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dude, sounds like a fabulous trip. We are jealous of all the excellent food!!! And beautiful sights...
Glad to hear you are keeping up some running. We did some hills here yesterday - kind of biggest Bertha ever!

Enjoy the rest of your stay,
Cheers, Anneliese and Gab

 

Post a Comment

<< Home