Monday, July 09, 2007

All roads lead to...

well, Rome... but more precisiely for me, Pomezia. This is where my zio e zia live, 23 kms south of Rome. It's just one of those amazing urban centres which sits in an almost semi rural wasteland. Very odd, but I love it. More importantly, I love spending time with my family. It's been great... we went to the flea markets in Porta Portese today. Then off to the campagna for lunch, and then dinner at the beach. A brilliant day. Tomorow, it's castel gondolfo, the pope's summer residence and Nemmi, a town on the lake where I've had the best polenta and funghi known to mankind, so I am keen to go back for more. Tuesday, we head down south to Napoli and surrounds.
Rome is hot, 27 degrees today and much of the same expected for a while yet. It makes a nice change from France and England. The food is great, the atmosphere laidback... just the way I like it.
Have many photos to post, but have yet to find my uncle's USB port... one thing at a time, we connected skype tonight and they are over the moon!
I have been running, despite the heat... considering the amount of pasta, pizza, gelato and general medittarenean greatness I have been consuming, I very much need all the exercise I can get!

1 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're having a great time, Pasky! I'm living rather vicariously through the blog, piecing together bits and pieces with other travels to some of the same places. Not so keen on the running part, but overall awesome!

A la prochaine...
CCB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home