Tuesday, July 03, 2007

London, calling...

So now, my official duties are over. I am a godmother. It was a great ceremony, with a young wayward priest. A fine meal followed, with an even finer dinner a few hours later. If this godmothering business ensures I maintain this high level of fine food consumption, I'll do it more often!
Jade was great, didnt cry once and was the life of the party afterwards.... she is a real little trooper.
But that was Sunday, and Monday, I heeded the call to London. Onto the Eurostar, and into Waterloo. Two and a half hours of blissful train travel. From London, I made my way to Oxford. Another two hours of snoozing and I think my body clock has now just adjusted. London was grey and so is Oxford.
Danielle greeted me at the bus stop and promptly took me off to see the sights. It's such a quaint town, a true English village, green lawns and pubs on every corner. We went up St Mary's tower, visited the grounds of Christchurch college and went to the pub where Bob Hawke drank his way into the Guiness Book of Records and Bill Clinton didn't inhale... :)
Tomorrow, we go punting while eating strawberries and cream, and drinking Pimm's and Lemonade.... How very English!
Right now I am exhausted. My brain is working in multiple languages... I started to think in French, but now have to revert back. I was having difficulty writing in English, so if anyone gets weird postcards, you know why...
I am leaving Oxford on Wednesday to meet my Dutch bud, Hans in Paris. Rome is now scheduled for Saturday morning. I have managed to go out for two runs so far, an hour each.... both in Paris and along the Seine and under the Eiffel Tower. It was fantastic!
Had a fab dinner cruise on the Seine the other night and a wonderful trip to Versailles. It was nice hanging out with my aunt in Paris... photos will come, but sleep is currently of greatest priority.

2 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pascie!!

Congratulation on becoming a (fairy) godmother! Do you now have a wand and magical powers??

You have already squeezed in so much and doing so much country-hopping. I'm jealous. It's amazing how you've even got over your jetlag.

btw, I've handed in my resignation at work (couldn't get a redundancy), so I'll be unemployed (and loving it!) by the time you're back in Sydney.

Missing you heaps,

Stevie :-)

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger P2 said...

congrats! that's fantastic news....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home